Full time, Part time
The Navy Lodge offers our guests the opportunity to feel at home while traveling. Our maintenance staff makes sure everything works the first time for our guests. These positions require a smile, a concern for others, a sense of urgency and the ability to be on your feet at a moments notice. If you have these qualities, we have an opportunity for you!
We are now seeking a Maintenance Worker for our NAS Jacksonville and Mayport Atlantic Beach Navy Lodges.
As a Maintenance Worker you will perform tasks involved in the upkeep of buildings, grounds, fixtures, equipment, Navy Lodge guest rooms, etc. Some typical assignments include simple painting, plumbing, carpentry and electrical repairs. You must apply high standards of customer service and courtesy and take the initiative to ensure all aspects of the facility are working correctly.
The Navy Lodge offers excellent benefits to include: Medical Insurance (Company pays 70% of premium) & Dental Insurance, Health FSA, Life Insurance, Paid Annual & Sick Leave, Matching 401K Plan, Pension Plan, and more! These benefits are available to both FT and PT employees.
• May substitute one year of high school education for 3 months of general experience, and up to a High school diploma or GED for 1 year of general experience.
• 1 year of experience that provided the applicant with knowledge of general maintenance practices involving the upkeep of buildings, grounds, fixtures, equipment, etc.
• Perform maintenance on doors, windows, furniture, cabinets, platforms, bins, pallets, etc. using tools such as hammers, hand-saws, planes, screwdrivers and power tools.
• Inspect and ensure the proper working condition of equipment, machinery and facilities by regularly performing property walk-throughs and inspections.
• Prepare surfaces and paint a variety of interior items such as shelves, counters and similar items.
• Assist in the installation and repair of broken pipes, leaky faucets, clogged drains, etc. using such tools as wrenches, hacksaw, pipe cutters, etc.
• Perform electrical repairs to appliances, light fixtures, and/or light switches by replacing or insulating defective wiring, etc.
• Perform preventive maintenance on equipment such as fans, air conditioners, water coolers, grills, broilers, heat lamps and other appliances.
• Perform preventive maintenance on forklifts, hydraulic pallets, jacks and conveyors.
• Maintain compliance with local safety regulations.
• Take periodic inventory of maintenance stock and equipment.
• Respond to customer questions regarding the operation of Navy Lodge room appliance and fixtures, as applicable.
• This position includes standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. You will frequently lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shift Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm; 9:00am - 5:30pm; 9:30am - 6:00pm
Rotating weekends and holidays.